Monday, November 3, 2008

Jason, Kali and I returned late last evening from a weekend in Pennsylvania. Jason and I savored two nights in retreat just the two of us, thanks so my folks who cared for Kali during that time. Jason and I spent the majority of the time working down our 150 plus pages of updates into less than 10. We realized that we can really enjoy the process of working on something like this together if we have the time to dedicate to it. It was an emotional process for both of us, but felt so healthy too! We will be sharing this Sunday with our faith community, Shalom Mennonite Congregation, snippets from our year with Nora (and we welcome any others who would like to attend - be in touch with us if you need details).

Mom and Kali made a birthday cake for Nora that we had upon our return. Jason's parents joined us for the evening. Bittersweet, of course... I couldn't quite muster the strength to suggest that we sing Happy Birthday.

1 comment:

Dad Benner said...

So glad we could remember Nora's birthday together. I wasn't sure either if "Happy" birthday was appropriate. We are grateful for her life.
Dad