Monday, November 17, 2008

New birth and a birthday!

There are times in life when words abound and times when they don't. It may be partially the let down after the intense weeks of preparation for and time at the UVA retreat and then sharing at Shalom. It also feels like a time in our lives when there are more "unbloggable" things than there have been at some points in the past. Whatever the reason, this will be a very short reflection! Life is full - of really beautiful things and really painful things. We've been soaking up some wonderful times with close friends the past four days and the two links below capture it better than many words could.

After viewing the first, my Dad suggested that next time I should try to take a few more pictures of the baby. Make your own judgment :) I was blessed with the little guy's first real, non-gas or reflex related smile. I enjoyed thoroughly buzzing around cooking, playing with the kids and filling any available cracks of time catching up with our friends, but there is no way around admitting that soaking up a little 8lb bundle was near the top of the list. Jason commented at one point that there is nothing that slows me down like a baby.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bennerj8/TripToDelaware#

We arrived home from our trip last evening - just in time for a few last minute preparations for a very special "phirst" birthday today of our special little friend!! Phoebe turned one today and we hosted a little party here this evening. It was special for many, many reasons. I lit a candle to be my reminder of Nora's presence with us. I often feel both the ache of her absence and simultaneously closer to her when I'm with Phoebe. Both feelings are welcome.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bennerj8/PhoebeSBirthdayNov17#

No comments: