Thursday, September 18, 2008

New life!

This morning a little girl, who had been dreamed of, hoped for and loved made her entrance into the outside world. I felt so honored to get to hold her just hours after her birth and marvel at her journey from inside to out. I wasn't quite anticipating the flood of emotions when I walked in the room. I wanted to celebrate with them and my tears were just a big mixture of celebration and grief all wrapped messily together. I found myself in awe of her perfect features and her chubby little legs and grateful for her safe and healthy arrival.

This afternoon after school Kali spent time with our good friend Mary Jo and had her own taste of experience new life - or something that is on its own journey from inside to outside. She got to join Mary Jo out at her flower gardens and came home with a bouquet of her own. A very special bouquet. Can you see why?? I'm hoping we can have a follow up picture down the road but if you look closely you will see a green chrysalis hanging from the purple flower. The big question is: will a butterfly emerge?

No comments: