Saturday, September 20, 2008

Safari Park

Kali saw her first real live Zebra today!!! For her birthday Kristin gave her a coupon book, including a trip to the Safari Park located in Natural Bridge, VA (www.virginiasafaripark.com). Despite her cold, she was still eager to get on the road this morning with Carl, Kristin and Phoebe.

I've only heard snippets of their 8 hour adventure and seen 70 or so pictures. What I've gathered is that Kali had a lot of fun and that she really enjoyed feeding the goats (of which there were many pictures!). I'm sure more stories will come out in the next few days.

We had just enough time to enjoy a piece of fresh pumpkin pie together, her "one last game of the night" and a few stories before she crashed. A big day for our 5 year old!!

I realized today what a huge distraction Kali is for me from getting to the core of my swirling emotions on any given day. This can be both good and bad. Let's just say I go through a lot more tissues on a day when she is not present with me most of the day and I have time to sit and read, look at pictures, journal, and just be with myself and many memories.

No comments: