Friday, August 1, 2008

Last Meager Offering

You'd think after pumping 5-8 times daily over 7 months and then several times a day for 2 more months, I'd be done. If I don't choose to quit soon, I'll be pumping for next to nothing as it seems my body is no longer fooled by this machine. I've gone from pumping2 full bottles of milk each pumping (12 oz) to working hard for 3 oz.

Over 2000 ounces went to Wake Med Milk Bank and over 3000 to the dear triplets, who I look forward to spending a good part of today with. I feel grateful that the milk that Nora was unable to fully utilize was able to help and nourish other little ones, while at the same time wishing more than anything that she would have been able to grow and thrive as well. As I pumped for one last time this morning I looked through pictures and found some of her nursing. Not even two months have passed since I cradled that little body in my arms. How I crave for that connection, to be able to touch and hold her and nurse her.

No comments: